Ajwain Puri Recipe-Carom seeds poori
Preparation time for ajwain puri-40 minutes
Ingredients for ajwain puri:
- Wheat Flour-250 gm
- Water-150 ml or as per requirement
- Salt-3/4 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 tsp(optional)
- Nigella seeds(mangraila/kalonji)-1/2 tsp(optional)
- Carom seeds(ajwain)-1 tsp
- Cooking oil for frying the puri
- Put the wheat flour in a large bowl and add sugar, salt, carom seeds, nigella seeds and 4 tbsp of oil.
- Mix it properly with hands.
- Add water and knead it into a stiff dough, keep it aside for 20 minutes(keep it covered).
- Make equal and small balls of dough, , dust it with plain flour and roll it into puri one by one.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan, drop a small dough in hot oil to check the temperature of oil.
- Put 1-2 puri at a time in hot oil carefully, gently press it from all the sides, gentle press will help it puff.
- Once it turns light golden from both the sides, take it out from the oil.
- Ajwain puri is ready, serve hot with any pickle or sabzi.