Aloo Fry Recipe-Simple Potato Fry for Lunch box-Easy and Quick Potato Recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time-20 minutes
- Potato (peeled and washed)-5 (medium)
- Curry leaves-12 to 15 (optional)
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds/Rai-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop the potato into small cubes.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan (let the oil heat properly).
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves, fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped potato and fry it for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste, mix it well.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Open the lid, Stir it and cook it for 4-6 minutes on low-medium flame(Cover the pan and ).
- Add garam masala powder, mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Check if potatoes are cooked properly, if not, then cook it for 2-3 minutes more on low flame (cover the pan).
- Turn of the flame, ready to serve with roti, puri or paratha etc.