Aloo matar curry recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for aloo matar-30 minutes
Ingredients for aloo matar
- Potato(cubes)-400 gm(Chopped and washed)
- Frozen/fresh geen peas-100 gm
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Chopped onion-2 (medium)
- Tomato puree-100 gm
- (you may use 2-3 finely chopped tomato)
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 to 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pressure cooker pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Add green chilli and onions, fry it till onions turn golden brown(approx 2-3 minute).
- Add ginger garlic paste, cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Add potato and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder, mix it.
- Add green peas, tomato puree and mix it, cover the pan and cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Add one glass of water, salt and garam masala powder, mix it well.
- Close the lid and cook it for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, tasty aloo matar is ready, serve hot with roti, poori, paratha or rice.