Baingan bharta recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for baingan bharta-45 minutes
Ingredients for baingan bharta:
- Eggplant/aubergine/ brinjal/baingan-1 (350 gm)
- Chopped onion-2(medium)
- Chopped tomato-1(large)
- Ginger garlic(grated/paste)-1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Asafoetida(hing)-1/4 tsp(optional)
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/3 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Make 2-3 cuts to the brinjal, insert 1-2 green chilli and garlic inside the brinjal(optional).
- Turn on the flame and put the brinjal on the gas stove and roast it on medium flame.
- Flip it and roast it till it is cooked properly from all the sides.
- Once the brinjal is roasted properly, turn off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Remove the stem and peel it off properly, mash it along with roasted green chilli and garlic.
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add cumin seeds and hing, fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Put onion and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli, mix it and fry it for 1/2 minute on medium flame.
- Reduce the flame to low, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Mix it and cook it for 1/2 minute on low flame.
- Add tomato, mix it and fry it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add mashed brinjal, salt, garam masala powder and coriander leaves, mix it properly.
- Increase the flame to medium and fry it for a minute, keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame, baingan bharta is ready to serve.