- Gram flour-100 gm
- Onions chopped-2
- Green chilli chopped-2
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water-1 cup
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- In a bowl,mix together gram flour,chopped onions,chopped green chilli,chopped coriander leaves,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,ginger garlic paste,salt and sufficient water to make a semi thick( pouring consistency)batter.
- Leave the batter to rest for 15-20 minutes.Whisk well to ensure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Heat a pan,put little oil on pan and spread it(keeping the heat high).
- Now put a serving spoonful of batter into the middle of the pan and spread it evenly and thinly(use the backside of serving spoon to spread the batter).
- Lower the heat and let cook till the edges little brown and can be lifted easily.
- Flip it to cook cheela from other side.
- When the cheela turns light brown and crispy from both sides,turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato chutney.