Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for bhatura-30 minutes
Serving-4 (10-12 portions)
Ingredients for bhatura:
- All purpose flour(maida)-250 gm
- Curd/yogurt(at room temperature)-2 to 3 tbsp
- Semolina/rava/sooji-2 tbsp
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Baking soda -1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/3 tsp
- Sugar(powdered/normal)-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl: add maida, semolina, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 2 tbsp oil and curd.
- Mix it well, add lukewarm water and the knead flour into soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and keep it in warm place for 3-4 hours(keep it in sunlight for 2 hours for best result).
- Take a medium portion of dough and roll it into ball, apply little oil and roll into round/oval shape.
- You may roll the bhatura size as per your choice.
- Turn on the flame and heat oil in a pan, drop a very small dough ball to check the temperature of oil.
- Put one bhatura at a time in hot oil very carefully and fry it on medium flame.
- Gently press it from the top to let it puff and pour the hot oil over the it.
- Fry it till it turns light golden from both sides, take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process to fry remaining bhatura.
- Serve hot with chole and sliced onion.