Bhindi (Okra) fry with onions
Preparation time for bhindi fry : 25 minutes
Ingredients for bhindi fry:
- Bhindi/okra-250 gm
- Onion chopped-2
- Green chilli chopped-2
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder-1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste-1 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and dry the bhindi/okra, choppe it into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped green chilli and fenugreek seeds.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and garlic paste, cook it for few seconds.
- Put chopped bhindi/okra and mix it.
- Add salt and cook it for another 10 mins on medium flame.
- Add chopped onions in half cooked bhindi/okra, reduce the flame to low and fry it for 6-7 minutes
- Open the lid, mix it and cook it for 3-4 minutes(do not cover it) on high flame to make it crispy.
- Turn off the flame, bhindi fry is ready to serve. Serve it hot with paratha, puri or roti.