Preparation time for bread roll -45 minutes
Ingredients for Bread Roll
- White bread slices-12
- Potato(boiled)-4 pcs (350 gms approx)
- Fresh/frozen peas-25 gm
- Cashew-10 to 12
- (you may use roasted peanuts instead of cashew)
- Green chilli(chopped)-3 to 4
- Ginger (grated)-1 inch
- Garlic(grated)-8 to 10
- Chat masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder(aamchur)-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for frying and masala preparation
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chilli, grated ginger and garlic, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add green peas, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, crushed cashew and cook it for few seconds.
- Add potato, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Mix the spices properly and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves, mix it and let the masala/stuffing cool down completely.
- Remove/cut the brown edges of the bread slices.
- Take one bread slice and dip it into the plain water, take it out immediately and gently squeeze the water.
- Put the stuffing in the middle and roll it from all the sides to seal it, give it a cutlet/ball shape.
- Repeat the process to make remaining bread rolls.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai or thick bottom pan, let the oil heat properly.
- Put the bread rolls in hot oil one by one, fry it on medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- Once the bread rolls turns golden brown, take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Bread roll is ready, serve hot with favourite chutney.