Chatpata Karela Recipe
Preparation time for chatpata karela-30 minutes
Ingredients for chatpata karela:
- Bitter gourd (karela)-500 gm
- Chopped onion-2(large)
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste (approximately 1/2 tsp)
- Sugar-1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Tamarind Juice-3 tbsp
- Cut both the ends of bitter gourd, peel the skin and wash it properly.
- Chop the bitter gourd into think slices and discard the seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bitter gourd and fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add onions and mix it, cover the pan and cook it for 4-5 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix it, Cover the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Add tamarind juice and mix it, cover it and cook it for another 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Turn off the flame, chatpata karela is ready, serve it hot with paratha or roti.