Preparation time for chatpata shimla mirch-20 minutes
Ingredients for Chatpata shimla mirch:
- Green capsicum/bell pepper-2(washed and chopped)
- Tomato-2 (chopped)
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/3 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Sugar-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste or 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add capsicum and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Put onion and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt, mix it well.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Add garam masala powder and sugar, mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame, chatpata shimla mirch is redy, serve it hot paratha or roti.