Super Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
Preparation time for chicken curry-30 minutes
Ingredients for chicken curry:
- Chicken (washed)-600 gm
- Bay leaves-2
- Red chilli-2
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Onion (chopped)-4(medium)
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Chicken masala/meat masala(any brand)-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker pan, allow the oil to heat properly.
- Add bay leaves, dry red chilli and cumin seeds, fry it on medium flame for few seconds.
- Add onions and fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste, mix it and cook it for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix it and cook it for 30 seconds on low flame.
- Add chicken and salt, mix it properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 8-10 minutes on low-medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and chicken masala powder, mix all the spices in chicken.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 2 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add tomato, mix it and cook it for 3-4 minutes or till the tomato turns soft.
- Add 1 glass of water and garam masala powder, mix it properly.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and cook it for one whistle on medium flame.
- After one whistle, turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down completely.
- Open the lid, add coriander leaves and mix it properly.
- Chicken curry is ready to serve with rice, roti aur paratha.