Chicken Masala-Dry Chicken Masala-Onion Chicken Curry
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4719
Preparation time-40 minutes
- Chicken(washed)-600 gm
- Chopped onion-3 (large)
- Chopped tomato-2
- Chopped garlic-10 to 12 cloves
- Ginger paste-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Dry red chilli-2
- Bay leaves-2
- Black cardamom-1
- Green cardamom-2
- Cinnamon stick-1 inch
- Cloves (lavang)-3 to 4
- Mace (javitri)-1
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Mustard oil/any cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil and let it heat.
- Add all the whole spices and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add chopped garlic, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add chopped onions and fry it on medium flame for 4-5 minutes (cover the pan).
- Add ginger paste, mix it and fry it on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder,mix it and cook it on low flame for a minute.
- Add chicken, increase the flame to high and mix the chicken with fried onions and spices.
- Add salt to taste, mix it, cover the pan and cook it on medium flame for 8-10 minutes (keep stirring in between).
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and mix it properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it on low-medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, mix it, cover the pan and cook it on low-medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, mix it, cover the pan and cook it on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Add fresh coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Ready to serve with paratha, naan, kulcha etc.