Preparation time for corn palak-30 minutes
Ingredients corn palak:
- Spinach(palak)-200 gm(washed)
- Corn(frozen or boiled)-50 gm
- Green capsicum(chopped)-1(medium)
- Ginger-1 inch
- Garlic-5 to 7
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Fresh cream-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Sabzi masala powder/chicken masala powder-1 tsp
(you may use 1/2 cumin powder and 1/2 tspcoriander powder instead
- Salt to taste or 3/4 tsp
- Heat 2 glass of water in a pan and put the spinach in it.
- Cook it for 2 minutes then turn off the flame and take out the spinach in a grinding jar.
- Put ginger and garlic in the same grinding jar and grind it into smooth paste(do not add water).
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Add onions and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add capsicum and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Put tomato and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add corn and cook it for one minute on low-medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, sabzi masala powder and salt, mix it and cook it for 1/2 minute on low-medium flame.
- Put blended spinach paste and 1/2 cup of water(100 ml approx) in the pan, mix it well.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 5-7 minutes on low flame(keep stirring in between).
- Add cream, mix it and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame(cover the pan).
- Turn off the flame, corn palak is ready to serve.