Dal Fry (Toor/Yellow lentil)
- Yellow daal(toor)-250 gm
- onion chopped-2 medium size
- Tomato chopped-2
- Dry red chilli-2
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Asafoetida(hing)-2 pinch
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-2 tsp
- Cooking oil -2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Add salt and turmeric powder and boil the toor daal in pressure cooker(4-5 whistle),
- Heat oil in a pan, after it is heated, add cumin seeds,red chilli and Asafoetida (hing) and let it splutter for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook it for 2 mins, keep steering it to ensure it does not burn.
- Add tomatoes and cook it for few more mins.
- Add boiled toor daal in the pan and stir,simmer the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Ready to serve with rice and rotis.