Dates Laddoo-Dates Roll-Kajur Ke Laddo-Khajur Burfi-Khajoor Pak
Preparation Time-40 minutes
- Dates (chopped and deseeded)-400 gm
- Mixed dry fruits (chopped)-150 gm
- Poppy seeds (khus khus)-)-1 tbsp
- Edible Gum (gond)-1 tsp (optional)
- Clarified butter (Ghee)-1 tbsp
- Put the chopped dates in the grinding jar and coarsely grind it (do not add water).
- Turn on the flame and put a pan on it, add poppy seeds and roast it for 2 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Take out the roasted poppy seeds in a plate, keep it aside for further use.
- Add ghee in the same pan, add edible Gum (gond) and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Take out the fried gums in a bowl/plate and keep it aside for further use.
- Add the chopped dry fruits in the pan and roast it for 2 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Take it out in a bowl and add the remaining ghee in the same pan.
- Add grounded dates and roasted nuts in the pan, mix it together.
- Fry it for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame, keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame, let it cool down a bit (leave it for 3-4 minutes).
- Mash the fried edible gums with hand and mix it with prepared date and nuts mixture.
- Grease your palm with ghee, take a small portion of mixture and make a Laddoo (small ball).
- Roll the ball into roasted poppy seeds to coat the Laddoo with poppy seeds.
- Make all the Laddoos like this or you may give it shape of your choice.
For Dates Roll/Burfi Shape:
- Take half of the mixture, roll it in cylindrical shape, coat it with poppy seeds and wrap it with foil paper.
- Keep this roll into the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
- Take out the roll from the refrigerator, remove the foil paper and cut it into slices.
- Date and nut barfi/rolls are ready, store it in air tight container and consume it for up to 3 weeks.