- Mutton (goat meat)-500 gm
- Chopped onions-5
- Chopped onion in ring shape-2
- Curd-4 tbsp
- Ginger chopped-2 inch
- Garlic cloves-20 approx
- Cumin seeds-2 tsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tsp
- Whole black pepper-1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 2
- Bay leaves-2 or 3
- Cinnamon stick-2
- Javitri (mace)-1/2 of whole
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Mustard oil/other oil-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Add the curd, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp salt, chopped green chilli and ring shaped chopped onions in the mutton and mix it properly. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
FOR MASALA PASTE-
- Put together the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic cloves, cinnamon sticks, javitri, chopped ginger, whole black pepper with little water in the blending jar. Grind it till it turns into a smooth thick paste.
- Turn on the heat, put pressure cooker pan on heat and let it heat.
- Add cooking oil and let the oil heat. Add bay leaves, dry red chilli and cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and fry it till it turns light brown. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix it properly.
- Add marinated mutton in the pan and mix it. Cook it for 10-15 minutes on low heat(cover the pan without whistle).
- Add blended masala paste and fry it till oil get separated in the pan from the mutton..
- Add a glass of water, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves and stir it.
- Cover the lid of pressure cooker and cook it for two whistle on medium heat.
- Turn of the heat and wait for cooker to become cold.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.