Preparation time for easy fish curry -45 minutes
Ingredients for easy fish curry:
- Rohu fish(cleaned and washed)-400 gm
- Chopped onion-2(large)
- Tomato(grated) -2 medium (you may use paste or puree instead)
- Ginger garlic(grated)-2 tbsp(14 garlic and 3 inch ginger)
- (you may use ginger garlic paste instead)
- Coriander leaves(chopped)
- Cooking oil-8 tbsp or 50 gm
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1.5 tsp or as per taste
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Add lemon juice, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of salt in the washed fish.
- Mix it well and leave it for 30 minutes for marination.
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan on high flame.
- Add oil and let the oil heat properly, once the oil is heated properly, reduce the flame to medium.
- Put the fish carefully in the hot oil and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Flip it and Fry it for another 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Once the fish are fried form both the sides, take it out from the pan.
- Add oil in the same pan and let it heat properly on medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Put onion and fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste, cook it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Mix it well and cook the spices for 2-3 minute on low flame.
- Add tomato paste and mix it, cover it and cook it for 6-8 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add one glass of water and and salt, stir it well(you may adjust the water as per your like).
- Increase the flame to high and let it come to boil.
- Once the curry is starts boiling, add fried fish and stir it.
- Cover it and cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add garam masala powder, mix it and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with plain steam rice.