Fried Sattu Litti / Sattu Kachori/ Sattu Puri Recipe
For the dough–
- Wheat flour-500 gm
- Sattu (roasted Bengal gram flour)-2 cup
- Chopped onion-2
- Chopped green chilli-4
- Finely chopped ginger-2 inch
- Chopped garlic cloves-15
- Ajwain or carom seeds-1 tsp
- Mangrail/kolunji/onion seeds-1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 2tbsp
- Stuffed dry red chilli masala-1 tbsp
- Mixed pickle masala( mashed )-1 tbsp
- Mustard oil or any pickle oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Add water in wheat flour and kneed to make dough (slightly stiff than the dough for making roti)
- Divide the dough into equal parts.
- Mix all ingredients well (except atta and cooking oil).
- Ensure that the mixture is powdery but slightly wet.
- Take one part of the dough and make into a ball.
- Now hold it between your fingers and press with your thumbs to make it like a small bowl (katori).
- Fill it with one tbsp of prepared sattu powder and gently press it inside with thumbs.
- Bring the edges together to seal it and make a round ball.
- Seal it properly so that the filing does not come out.
- Use the same process to make remaining balls.
- These balls are now ready to fry.
- Turn on the Flame, heat oil in a deep thick pan.
- Check the temperature of oil by dropping a tiny dough ball into it.
- Now put the stuffed littis in the hot oil one by one and fry it on low heat.
- Flip it after 3-4 minutes to cook other sides.
- Fry it till litti started to turn light brown from both sides (meanwhile flip it both sides).
- Take out on kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Ready to serve with chokha or baingan bharta.