Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for gujiya-45 minutes
No of pieces-10
Ingredients for gujiya:
- All purpose flour(maida)-250 gm(2.5 cup)
- Mawa(khoya)-100 gm(1 cup)
- Mix dry fruits (chopped)-50 gm(1/2 cup)
- Desiccated coconut-25 gm (1/3 cup)
- Powdered sugar or normal sugar-3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder-1/3 tsp
- Ghee-2 tbsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Add 3 tbsp cooking oil in the maida and mix it properly.
- Add water and mix it, add water and knead it into stiff dough (stiffer than roti dough).
- Cover it and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Turn on the flame, heat a pan and reduce the flame to low.
- Add desiccated coconut and roast it for a minute, keep stirring.
- Take it out in a plate and keep it aside, add ghee in the same pan, let it heat.
- Add chopped dry fruits, fry it for a minute on low flame.
- Add mawa(khoya), cook the mawa for a minute on low flame, keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Once the mawa is cold, add sugar, cardamom powder and roasted coconut, mix it properly.
- Stuffing is ready.
- Grease the gujiya maker or mould with ghee.
- Take a small portion of dough, roll it into poori shape.
- Place it inside the gujiya maker, put 2 tsp stuffing inside.
- Apply few drops of water on the edges of the poori, close the machine and gently press the edges.
- Take it out from the gujiya maker, Repeat the process to make gujiya from remaining dough.
- Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan, keep the flame on low-medium.
- Drop a small ball of dough to check the temperature of oil.
- Place 3-4 gujiyas at a time in hot oil, Fry it for 4-6 minutes on low medium flame, keep flipping in between.
- Take it out in a kitchen towel to absorb extra oil from it.
- Repeat the frying process for remaining gujiyas.
- Gujiya is ready to serve(Store it in a airtight container and consume within 5-7 days).