Kadhi pakoda /Punjabi kadhi pakoda /Besan kadhi with pakora recipe
Gram flour (besan)-2 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Dry red chilli-2
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Curry leaves-10 approx
Cooking oil-1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Fried Onion Pakoda (VIDEO RECIPE BELOW)
- In a big bowl: add gram flour(besan), curd, turmeric powder and two cup of water. Mix all ingredients using spoon or hand blender until smooth batter (ensure that there are no lumps).
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilli, curry leaves and allow them to crackle.
- Add the prepared batter in the pan and stir, cook it on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a glass of water and stir continuously for a minute. Allow it to boil on medium heat(Stir in between).
- When kadhi begin to boil, simmer the heat and cook it for 4-5 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add salt to taste, after turning off the heat to make perfect kadhi.
- Add fried onion pakoda in the kadhi and leave it for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with plain steamed rice or jeera rice.