Kaju Katli Recipe-Kaju Burfi-Cashew Nut Fudge
Preparation Time-30 minutes
- Cashew nuts/kaju(whole)-1 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Saffron-1 pinch
- Ghee-2 tsp
- Water-5 tbsp
- Put the cashew nuts into the blending jar and grind it into powder.
- Do not blend it in one go, blend it for 5 seconds then mix it with spoon (repeat blending and mixing 2 times).
- Turn on the flame, put a pan over it, add sugar and water together into the pan.
- Let the sugar come to boil, add saffron into the sugar syrup and stir it.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add cashew powder and stir continuously.
- Cook it for 3-4 minutes on low flame, keep stirring.
- Once the cashew paste starts separating from the pan, cook it for another minute (keep stirring).
- Turn off the flame, keep stirring for another 30 more seconds.
- Grease a plate with ghee, pour the prepared cashew paste in the plate.
- Allow it to cool down little bit, keep mixing it with spoon to avoid lumps while its cooling down.
- Start kneading the dough when it is little cold (ensure that its not too hot, it may cause burns if too hot).
- Apply some ghee to make the dough smooth, knead the dough for 2-3 minutes.
- Place butter paper on the the board, put the dough on butter paper and apply little ghee on it.
- Place the another butter paper over it and roll it with rolling pin evenly.
- Cut the edges of the flattened cashew dough then cut it into diamond shape.
- Kaju katli is ready, serve it fresh.
Note-You may preserve in air tight container or in fridge and consume it for up to 3-5 days)