Preparation time for kala jamun-40 minutes
No. of Kala jamun-12 pc
Ingredients for kala jamun:
- Mawa(Khoya/Khoa)-100 gm
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)-25 gm
- All purpose flour(maida)-2 tbsp
- Baking soda-2 pinch
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Powdered sugar or normal sugar-1 tbsp
- Sugar-150 gm (1 large cup)
- Cooking oil or ghee for frying
- Add sugar and 1 cup(200 ml) of water in a pan.
- Put the pan on flame, boil it for 20-25 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Grate/mash the mawa and paneer in a plate.
- Add maida, powdered sugar, baking soda and cardamom powder, mix it properly.
- Knead it continuously for 8-10 minutes( add 1-2 tbsp of milk or water if the dough is too dry), I didn’t add milk or water.
- Take a small portion of dough, check it by making one ball, If you see any crack then knead it for few more minutes.
- Make equal size of jamun balls of the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame, ensure oil is not too hot.
- Drop a small ball of dough to check the temperature of oil, oil is ready for frying if small bubbles start forming.
- Put 3-4 balls at a time in oil, stir the oil continuously.
- Fry the balls till it turns dark brown, it takes approximately 8 minutes on low flame.
- Use spoon for flipping the balls, keep stirring the oil and flipping the balls, do it carefully.
- Take it out from the oil and put it directly in hot sugar syrup (ensure the syrup is hot).
- Repeat the process for frying remaining kala jamun balls, leave it for 30 minutes in sugar syrup.
- After 30 minutes, kala jamuns are ready to serve.
Note-You may stuff chopped dry fruits inside the kala jamun while making the dough balls.