Preparation Time-60 minutes
- Whole Milk-1 liter
- Paneer/Indian Cottage cheese-200 gms
- Sugar-100 gms
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Chopped pistachio-12 to 15
- Chopped almond-8 to 10
- Ghee/butter-1 tbsp
- Grate the paneer and keep it aside for further use.
- Boil the milk on low-medium flame till it is reduced to 1/3 of the original quantity, keep stirring in between.
- Once the milk has reduced to 1/3 of it’s original quantity, add sugar and 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Add grated paneer once the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Reduce the flame to low-medium and boil it for 3-4 minutes, keep stirring.
- Reduce the flame to low and boil for another 3-4 minutes, keep stirring.
- Check if mixture has dried a little (do not make it too dry), if yes, turn off the flame.
- Grease a plate with ghee and pour the mixture into the greased plate, level it properly.
- Sprinkle remaining cardamom powder, chopped pistachio and almonds.
- Allow it to cool down for 30 minutes and put it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Cut it as per in shapes of your choice, ready to serve.
*Storage tip-keep refrigerated and consume within 3-4 days