Karela fry recipe
Preparation time karela fry-30 minutes
Ingredients karela fry:
- Bitter gourd(karela)-350 gm(washed and chopped)
- Chopped onion-3 (medium)
- Fennel seeds(sounf)-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Chat masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder(aamchur)-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Add turmeric powder and salt into the karela, mix it properly.
- Cover it and leave it for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes, wash it with water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Add karela, fry it for 6-8 minutes on medium flame(do not cover the pan ).
- Once Karela is cooked about 70%, reduce the flame to low.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chat masala and dry mango powder.
- Mix it and fry it for a minute on low flame.
- Add onion, cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Increase the flame to medium and fry it for another 3-4 minutes without cover.
- Turn off the flame, serve hot with roti or chapati.