Khandvi – Suralichi vadi-Surali Vadi-Gujrati Authentic Khandvi Recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time– 45 minutes
Gram flour-1 cup
Ginger and Green chilli paste-1 tbsp(1 inch ginger, 4 green chilli)
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking oil-1 tbsp
Curry leaves-10 to 12
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Grated fresh coconut
Sesame seeds-1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves
- In a big bowl: add gram flour, curd, ginger, green chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Mix all properly, ensure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- Turn on the heat and put a thick pan over it, let the pan heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan and stir it continuously.
- Cook first five minutes on low heat, increase the heat and cook it for another five minutes on medium heat, keep stirring.
- Lower the heat and cook it for ten minutes on low heat, keep stirring.
- Meanwhile grease backside of two steel plates with oil and keep it aside.
- To test the batter consistency, put a little portion of cooked batter on the greased steel plate.
- Spread it and leave it for 2-3 minutes. If it rolls properly then batter is ready.
- Turn off the heat and stir the cooked batter.
- Put one ladle(serving spoon) of batter on a grease plate immediately after turning off the heat.
- Spread the batter equally in all direction using flat spoon, spread it faster otherwise it will turn into lumps.
- Leave it for 5-7 minutes, Cut using knife in straight line.
- Roll it one by one in one direction, khandvi is ready for tadka.
- For tadka: heat a tadka spoon, add 1 tbsp cooking oil and let the oil heat.
- Add mustard seeds, add curry leaves and fry it for 20 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and put the tadka over the khandvi.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh coconut and coriander leaves.
- Ready to serve.