Kurkuri bhindi recipe
Preparation time for kurkuri bhindi-40 minutes
Ingredients for kurkuri bhindi
- Lady finger/okra/bhindi-350 gm
- Gram flour (besan)-2 tbsp
- Rice flour-1 tbsp
- Carom seeds(ajwain)-1/3 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder (aamchur)-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for fry
- Wash the okra with water and wipe it with kitchen towel.
- Trim the top and tail of the okra, cut it into two equal parts, slice these parts into thin strips and remove the seeds.
- Put all the chopped okra in a big bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder, aamchur powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and mix it properly with okra.
- Add the salt just before frying and mix it properly.
- Heat sufficient oil in pan, put one okra in the hot oil to check the temperature of oil.
- Once the okra starts floating on the oil, it means oil is perfectly hot for frying.
- Put small portion of spice mixed okra in the hot oil and fry it.
- Fry the okra on medium-high flame for 2-3 minutes or till it turns golden and crispy.
- Take out on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil from it.
- Repeat the same process for remaining spice mixed okra.
- Kurkuri bhindi is ready to serve.