Lemon Onion Rice-Lemon Rice with Onions-Easy and Quick Rice recipe for Lunch box
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4719
Preparation time-15 minutes
- Cooked/boiled rice-300 gm(uncooked quantity)
- Peanuts-50 gm
- Lemon juice-4-5 tbsp
- Dry red chilli-2
- chopped green chilli-2
- Fresh curry leaves-12 to 15
- Finely chopped onion-3 (medium)
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Roast the peanuts for 2 minutes on low-medium flame and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil and and let it heat properly.
- Add mustard seeds, dry red chilli and green chilli, fry it for few seconds.
- Add curry leaves and chopped onion, fry it on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted peanuts, turmeric powder and salt to taste, mix it and cook for 1/2 minute on low flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix it, Cook it for 1/2 minute on low flame.
- Add boiled/cooked rice and mix it gently, cover the pan and cook it on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, ready to serve.