maharashtrian kanda poha recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time maharashtrian kanda poha-30 minutes
Ingredients for maharashtrian kanda poha
- Flattened rice(Poha)-100 gm (2 cup)
- Peanuts (moongfali/shingdana)-50 gm (1/2 cup)
- Chopped onion-2 (medium)
- Green chilli (slit)-2 to 3
- Lemon juice-2 tbsp
- Curry leaves-15 to 17
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 to 4 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Aloo bhujiya/ sev for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Wash the poha with running water and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Roast the peanuts on low-medium flame for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, green chilli and curry leaves and fry it for few seconds.
- Add sugar and mix it, add onions and fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, mix it and cook it for a minute.
- Add roasted peanuts, washed poha and salt, mix it properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves, mix it and cover the pan, cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Turn off the flame, garnish it with aloo bhujiya/sev and lemon slices.
- Maharashtrian kanda poha is ready to serve