Malai Kofta Recipe-Restaurant Style Malai Kofta Step by Step-Shahi Malai Kofta
Preparation time-45 minutes
- Paneer(Indian Cottage cheese)-150 gm
- Boiled potato-2
- Green chilli-1 (optional)
- Garlic cloves-10 to 12
- Chopped onion-2
- Chopped tomato-2
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Almond-6 to 7
- Cashew-6 to 7
- Chopped mixed dry fruits-50 gm
- All purpose flour (maida)-2 tsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves(kasuri methi)-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder-1/2 tsp(optional)
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Fresh cream-50 gm
- Salt to taste
- Butter-1 tbsp
- Cooking oil for fry
- Grate the paneer in a bowl and add boiled potato in it, mash the potatoes with grated paneer.
- Add little salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and maida, mix it well.
- Knead the mixture for a minute and make a dough.
- Take a small portion of mixture and roll it into small ball, press inside with thumbs to make bowl shape.
- Stuff little dry fruits inside the ball, seal the edges properly and roll it into ball again.
- Dust it with little maida and keep it aside for frying, make all the balls in the same way.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, put 3-4 balls at a time.
- Fry it on low-medium flame till it turns golden brown, keep flipping to cook all sides.
- Take out the fried kofta on kitchen towel and keep it aside.
Masala paste preparation:
- Heat a pan and add butter, once the butter has melted, reduce the flame to low.
- Add almond, cashew, ginger, garlic, green chilli and onion, fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped tomato, fry the tomato on medium flame till it turns soft ( 2-3 minutes).
- Turn off the flame, take it out in a blending jar and let it cool down.
- Blend it into thick smooth paste (do not add water), take it out in a bowl and keep it aside for further use.
- Heat a pan, add dry fenugreek leaves and roast it for few seconds on low flame.
- Take out the roasted fenugreek leaves in a plate and keep it aside for further use.
- Add 2 tbsp oil in the same pan, once oil is heated, reduce the flame to low.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder, fry for a minute on low flame.
- Add the prepared masala paste, and fry it for 2-3 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add one glass of water and salt to taste (Remember, we had already added salt in kofta).
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame, add fresh cream, mix it and cook it for one more minute.
- Add garam masala powder, roasted kasuri methi, mix it properly in the curry.
- Turn off the flame and let the curry cool down a little, add fried kofta in the curry and mix it.
- Ready to serve, you may garnish with fresh cream before serving.