Matar paneer recipe
Preparation time for matar paneer -30 minutes
Ingredients for matar paneer
- Paneer cubes (cottage cheese)-200 gm
- Fresh or frozen peas-150 gm
- Chopped onion-2
- Chopped tomato-2
- Garlic cloves (peeled)-10
- Chopped ginger- 1 inch
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Curd/yogurt-2 tbsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan.
- Once the pan is heated, add 2 tbsp oil into the pan and let the oil heat.
- Add garlic cloves, chopped ginger and chopped onion into the pan and fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chopped tomato and little salt into the fried onion, mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Put the fried onion and tomato into the blending jar and blend it into thick paste (do not add water).
- Turn on the flame and heat the same pan again.
- Once the pan is heated, add 2 tbsp oil into the pan and let it heat
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for 8-10 seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder into the oil and mix it.
- Add prepared masala paste into the oil, mix it and cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cumin powder and coriander powder, mix it.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook it for another 2 minutes, keep stirring.
- Lower the heat and add curd (whisk it well ) into the masala paste.
- Increase the heat to medium again, add peas and cook it with masala paste for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and salt to taste into the gravy, mix it properly.
- Add 1/2 glass of water and garam masala powder and stir it.
- Cover the pan and cook the curry for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Restaurant style matar paneer is ready to serve.