Matar(Matra) Chaat / Ragda Chaat Easy Recipe/Dried peas chat
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Dried peas/white peas/Matar(Soaked it about 8-10 hrs)-250 gm
- Finely chopped onion-2
- Finely chopped tomato-2
- Chopped green chilli-2 or 3
- Finely chopped ginger-1 inch
- Chopped coconut-25 gm
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Chat masala powder- 1 tsp
- Roasted masala powder-2 tbsp
- (Cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chilli and whole black pepper-roast and grind)
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind juice- 2 tsp
- Curd(Thin)-4 tbsp
- Chanachur/Bhujiya/Namkeen/Sev- 100 gms
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Water-2 glass
- Boil the soaked peas in the pressure cooker till three whistle with two glass of water. ( first whistle on high flame, rest two whistle on medium flame)
- Put the boiled peas in a big bowl.
- Put four serving spoon boiled peas in a serving plate, add two tbsp curd over it.
- Add chopped onions, chopped tomato, chopped green chilli, chopped ginger.
- Sprinkle chat masala, red chilli powder, roasted masala powder and salt to taste on the boiled peas.
- Add chanachur/sev bhujiya/namkeen over it.
- Add chopped coconut and tamarind juice as per your taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and sliced coconut.
- Ready to serve.