Moong dal halwa recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for moong dal halwa -45 minutes
Ingredients for moong dal halwa:
- Moong dal(green gram)-100 gm(Soak it for 4-5 hours)
- Ghee-75 gm to 100 gm
- Sugar-100 gm
- Milk-250 ml
- Cashew or mixed dry fruits(chopped)-50 gm
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Put the soaked moong dal in grinding jar and coarsely grind it(do not make smooth paste).
- Moong dal paste is ready, take it out from the grinding jar and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add moong dal paste and keep on stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Roast the moong dal paste on low-medium flame till it turns light golden (it takes approx 15-17 minutes).
- Add sugar, mix it and cook it for another 6-8 minutes on low flame.
- Put milk, cook it for 8-10 minutes on low-medium flame(keep stirring).
- Add cardamom powder and chopped cashew and mix it well.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame to make it dry, keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame and add 1-2 tbsp ghee on the top, mix it.
- Garnish it with your favorite dry fruits, moong dal halwa is ready to serve.