Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for onion paratha -30 minutes
Ingredients for onion paratha:
- Wheat flour-400 gm
- Chopped onion-2(medium)
- Gram flour(besan)-50 gm
- Chopped coriander leaves-1/4 cup
- Nigella seeds(kalonji/mangraila)-1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds(ajwain)-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste or 1 tsp
- Ghee/oil-50 gm
- In a bowl: add wheat flour and gram flour, mix it.
- Add ajwain, kalonji, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and 3 tbsp of ghee, mix it well.
- Put onion and coriander leaves, mix it well.
- Add water and knead it into smooth dough.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll it into ball, dust it with dry flour and roll it into paratha.
- Repeat the process to make paratha from the remaining dough.
- Turn on the flame, heat tawa on medium flame.
- Once the tawa is heated, place the rolled paratha on it.
- Cook it for 6-8 seconds then flip it, apply little ghee on both sides of paratha.
- Flip it in between to cook the paratha evenly from each side.
- Take it out in a plate and repeat the process to make remaining paratha.
- Onion paratha is ready to serve, serve it with chutney or raita.