Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for paneer 65 : 45 minutes
Ingredients for paneer 65:
- Paneer(Indian cottage cheese)-200 gm
- Green chilli-2
- Coriander leaves-1/2 cup
- Spring onion-1/4 cup
- Garlic-6 to 8
- Curd/yogurt-3 to 4 tbsp
- corn flour-1 tbsp
- Rice flour-1 tbsp
- All purpose flour(maida)-2 tbsp
- Food colour(red)-1/4 tsp(optional)
- Cooking oil for frying(250 gm approx)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
- Tandoori masala powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste or 3/4 tsp
- Add spring onion, garlic, green chilli and coriander leaves in a grinding jar.
- Grind it into paste(do not add water).
- In a big bowl: add curd and green paste, corn flour, maida, rice flour and all the dry spices.
- Add salt and food colour, mix it well and make a thick batter.
- Add paneer cubes and mix it, make sure the paneer is coated properly.
- Cover it and leave it for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil is heated, put 4-5 coated paneer pieces at a time in oil.
- Fry it on medium flame till it turns golden, take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process to fry the remaining paneer.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add garlic and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add green chilli and onion, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Put red chilli powder, curd and spring onion, cook it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add fried paneer, toss it and cook it for 1/2 minute on medium or high flame.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with spring onion.
- Paneer 65 is ready, serve hot with slices onion and lemon wedges.