Khatta Meetha Poha Chivda
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for poha chivda-40 minutes
Ingredients for poha chivda
- Flattened rice/poha/chiura/aval-300 gm
- Peanuts-100 gm
- Dry coconut-50 gm
- Raisin-25 gm
- Cashew-50 gm
- Green chilli-5 to 6
- Curry leaves
- Cooking oil-150 gm
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Salt to taste or 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar-1 tsp
- Black salt(kala namak)-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder-1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan, add poha and roast it for 12-13 minutes on low medium flame(keep stirring).
- Turn off the flame and take out the roasted poha from the pan, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add peanuts and fry the peanuts for 1.5 to 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Take out the fried peanuts from the oil, put cashew in hot oil.
- Fry cashews for one minute on medium flame, take it out from the oil.
- Add raisins, fry the raisins for 1/2 minute on medium flame, take it out from the oil.
- Add dry coconut and fry it for 1/2 minutes, take it out from the oil.
- Heat a pan again, add oil, green chilli and curry leaves, fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, mix it and cook it for 1/2 minute.
- Add the fried dry fruits and salt, mix it and cook it for 1/2 minute.
- Put powdered sugar and dry mango powder, mix it properly.
- Add roasted poha and mix it, cook it for 2 minutes on low flame(keep tossing).
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Poha chivda is ready, store it in airtight container and consume it within 2 weeks.