Preparation time for potato pancake-30 minutes
Ingredients for potato pancake:
- Potato(peeled and washed)-3(large) or 400 gm
- Onion(finely chopped)-1(large)
- All purpose flour(maida)-3 tbsp
- Green chilli(chopped)-2
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp or as per taste
- Black pepper(crushed/powder)-1/3 tsp
- Italian mix herb-1/3 tsp(optional)
- Cooking oil-50 gm
- Grate the potato in a bowl, add water and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze the water from potato properly.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add green chilli, red chilli powder, mixed herb and black pepper.
- Add onions and grated potato in the same bowl, whisk the mixture properly.
- Heat a little oil in frying pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Once the oil is heated, reduce the flame to low-medium.
- Put 1 tbsp of mixture in pan, spread/flatten it evenly.
- Cook it for a minute on low-medium flame, flip it carefully, cook it for 3 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Cook it from both sides till it turns golden brown.
- Once it turns golden brown from both the sides, take it out on kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process to make potato pancake from remaining mixture.
- Potato pancake is ready, serve it with schezwan chutney, tomato ketchup or green chutney.