Prawn Masala Curry-How to make prawn masala-Jhinga fish curry
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4786
Preparation time-40 minutes
- Prawn(shelled and washed)-150 gm
- Chopped onion-1
- Chopped tomato-1
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Garlic cloves (peeled)-6 to 8
- Green chilli-1 or 2
- Bay leaves-2
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Coriander seeds-1/2 tsp
- Whole Black pepper-1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Add little turmeric powder and salt to the prawns.
- Mix it and keep it aside for 20-30 minutes.
- In a grinding jar:add 1/2 tsp od cumin seeds, coriander seeds, whole black pepper, ginger, garlic,green chill and chopped onion.
- Add little water and grind it into thick smooth paste.
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and let it heat.
- Fry the marinated prawns for a minute on medium flame.
- Take out the fried prawns, keep it aside for further use.
- Add 2 tbsp oil in the same/different pan and let it heat properly.
- Add bay leaves and cumin seeds, fry it for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix it.
- Add the prepared masala paste, fry the masala for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add chopped tomato and cook it on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 glass of water, stir it and let it come to boil.
- Add fried prawns and salt to taste, mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves, stir it.
- Turn off the flame and ready to serve.