Preparation time quick veg biryani-30 minutes
Ingredients for quick veg biryani:
- Rice(basmati/any other rice)-1 glass(200 gm)
- Water-350 ml(1.25 glass of water)
- Chopped onion-2
- Chopped french beans-25 gm
- Chopped carrot-1(small)
- Chopped green pepper-1(small)
- Fresh/frozen peas-50 gm
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Green chilli(slit)-2
- Bay leaves-2
- Green cardamom(elaichi)-2
- Shahi biryani masala(any brand)-2 tsp
- Salt to taste or 1.5 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Wash the rice with plain water and soaked it for 10 minutes in water.
- Heat a pressure cooker pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, green cardamom, cloves and green chilli and fry it for few seconds.
- Add onions and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook it for 1/2 minute on medium flame.
- Add french beans, carrot, pepper, green peas and fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add shahi biryani masala, mix it and cook it for 1/2 minute.
- Add soaked rice(drain the water before adding the rice to masala), mix it well.
- Cover the pan and cook it for a minute on low flame without whistle.
- Add 1.25 glass of water and salt, stir it well.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and cook the rice for 2 whistles on high flame and 1 whistle on medium flame.
- After 3 whistles, turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down completely.
- Once the cooker cool down completely, open the lid carefully.
- Quick veg biryani is ready, take it out in a serving bowl/plate, garnish it with onion slices and serve it with raita.
- Soak the rice for 10 minutes before use.
- Use 1.25 glass of water to cook 1 glass of rice.
- For Basmati rice-2 whistles on high flame and 1 whistle on medium flame.
- For any other rice-2 whistles on high flame and 1 whistle on low flame.
- Open the lid only after the cooker has cooled down completely.