Preparation time- 45 mins
- Whole milk-1 ltr
- Lemon-4 tbsp
- Sugar-2 cup
- Water-3 cup
- Saffron (optional)- 1 pinch
- Turn on the heat and boil the milk in pan.
- When the milk start boiling, add the lemon juice.
- When the milk begin to curdle, increase the heat on medium flame and stir.
- As soon the milk is completely curdled, turn off the heat and stain the milk in cotton cloth.
- Run cold water on it to remove the sour taste of lemon completely.
- Squeeze it and hang the cotton cloth for 30 minutes.
- You can also keep a heavy weight on cotton cloth to extract all the water.
- Now the chena is ready to mash.
- Knead it continuously for about 10-12 minutes, make small balls of equal size.
For Sugar Syrup:
- Heat a pan, add two cups of sugar and three cups of water, let it boil.
- When the syrup starts boiling, simmer the heat to the medium flame.
- Boil it for another 15 mins, Stir in between to check the consistency of syrup.
- Add the chena balls into sugar syrup when the syrup has become slightly thick.
- Boil it on medium heat for five minutes ( Do not cover).
- Simmer the heat and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
- When the Rasgulla will be almost double in size, turn off the heat.
- Garnish with saffron and serve hot or cold.