Preparation time for rava cake-45 minutes
Ingredients for rava cake
- Super fine semolina (suji/rava): 1.5 cup
- Ghee/Butter/oil : 1/3 cup
- Curd/yogurt : 1/2 cup (whisked)
- Milk :3/4 cup
- Sugar (normal/grounded) : 1 cup
- Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda : 1/3 tsp
- Cardamom powder : 1/3 tsp
- Mixed dry fruits: 1/3 cup
- Tutti frutti : 2 tbsp (optional)
- Salt : 2 pinch
- Add salt, cardamom powder and sugar in the semolina, mix it properly.
- If you are not using grounded sugar then whisk it with yoghurt before adding it to the semolina.
- Add ghee, yoghurt and milk, mix it well and make a thick batter (Make sure there are no lumps in the batter).
- Cover the batter and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 glass of water in a pressure cooker pan(bottom), let it come to boil.
- In the meanwhile, grease the aluminium cake tin with ghee/butter.
- After 15 minutes, add 1/2 of the dry fruits and tutti frutti to the batter and whisk it.
- Add baking powder and baking soda in the batter, whisk it for 1/2 minute.
- Sprinkle some dry fruits and tutti frutti on the base of cake tin.
- Gently pour the batter into the cake tin and shake the cake tin to make the batter level even.
- Sprinkle remaining dry fruit and tutti frutti on the top of cake.
- Put a stand in the pressure cooker, make sure that water level is below top of the stand.
- Gently place the cake tin on the stand inside the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid (without whistle and rubber) and cook it for 20 minutes on low flame.
- After 20 minutes, open the lid and check the cake with toothpick/fork/knife.
- Increase the flame to medium and cook it for 5 minute (close the lid).
- After 5 minutes, open the lid and check the dryness of cake.
- Increase the flame to medium-high and cook it for a minute without putting the lid.
- Turn off the flame and allow the cake tin to cool down.
- Take out the cake tin from the pressure cooker carefully.
- Gently cut the edges of the cake with knife, place a plate on top of the cake and flip it.
- Decorate with almonds, rava cake is ready to serve.