Raw Banana Kofta Curry Recipe-Kachche Kele Ka Kofta-Green Banana Kofta Curry
Preparation Time-45 minutes
- Raw banana-3
- Chopped onion-3
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Garlic cloves (peeled)-10
- Chopped Ginger-1 inh
- Gram flour (besan)-3 tbsp
- Tomato puree-1/2 cup or 50 gm approx.
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Asafoetida(hing)-2 pinch
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream-2 tbsp
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Boil the raw banana and potato together along with the skin in pressure cooker for 3 whistle.
- Peel off the outer layer of banana and potato and mash it or grate it.
- Add 3 tbsp gram flour, chopped green chilli, one finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, 1/3 tsp turmeric powder and mix all together with boiled banana and potato.
- Mash it properly, make sure no lumps in it.
- Make equal size of small balls and fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Take out on the kitchen towel and keep it aside.
For Masala paste-
- Heat a pan, add cumin seeds, add chopped ginger, add garlic cloves and two chopped onions.
- Fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium heat till it turns light brown.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down a little.
- Put into the blending jar and blend it into thick paste (add little water if needed).
- Masala is ready .
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan.
- Add asafoetida (hing), add cumin seeds and fry it for 30 seconds.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder into the oil for nice red colour of curry.
- Add blended masala paste into the pan and fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cumin powder and coriander powder and fry it for another minute.
- Add tomato puree and mix it into the fried masala paste, cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a glass of water and let it boil.
- Add salt to taste, garam masala powder and simmer the heat.
- Add 2 tbsp fresh cream and stir it properly.
- Turn off the heat and put all the fried kofta into the curry.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and fresh cream.
- Ready to serve with Chapati, roti, pulav, naan, kulcha or plain rice.