Raw Jack fruit curry/ Echorer Dalna/ Kathal ki sabzi
- Raw jack fruit /Kathal/ Ehor-500 gm
- Chopped onions-4
- Chopped tomatoes-2
- Chopped ginger-1 inch
- Garlic cloves-10
- Cumin seeds-2 tsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tsp
- Whole black pepper-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Water- 1 glass
- Chopped coriander leaves
FOR MASALA PASTE-
Put together the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic cloves, ginger, whole black pepper with little water. Grind it till it turns into a smooth thick paste.
- Turn on the heat and put pressure cooker pan on heat.
- Add cooking oil and let the oil heat. Add bay leaves, dry red chilli and cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and fry it till it turns light brown. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix it properly.
- Add blended masala paste in the fried onoins and fry it till oil get separated in the pan from the masala.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook it till it turns soft(cover the pan).
- Add raw Jack fruit in the pan and mix it with masala. Add salt to taste and cook the entire ingredients for five minutes by covering the pan.
- Add a glass of water, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves and stir it.
- Cover the lid of pressure cooker and cook it for two whistle.
- Turn of the heat and wait for cooker to become cold.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.