Rice Kheer-Indian Rice Pudding-Bengali Payesh- How to Make Rice Kheer
- Milk-1.5 ltr
- Small grain rice-150 gms
- Sugar-150 gms
- Cashew nuts-8 to 10 pcs
- Pistachio- 5
- Saffron-2 pinch
- Crush the cashew nuts and cardamom separately and keep it aside.
- Turn on the heat and put the milk pan over it, let the milk boil.
- Boil the milk on low heat till the milk reduce to half of the original quantity.
- Add washed rice and mix it properly, cook it on low heat for 10-12 minutes, keep stirring in between.
- Add sugar and mix it properly, add crushed cardamom into the milk and stir.
- Add crushed cashew and chopped almonds into the milk and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat and boil it for 2 minutes, keep stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat, add saffron and leave the kheer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped pista and saffron.
- Ready to serve.
Serving tip:Either serve it hot or refrigerate it for 2-3 hrs and serve cold.