Sabudana Khichadi Recipe for fasting/Vrat-Sago Khichdi Recipe
- Sabudana /sago((medium size)-1 cup (soak for 1 hour, drain it and keep it aside for 1 hour)
- Peanuts-1/2 cup
- Curry leaves-8 to 10
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Ghee-2 tbsp
- Rock salt/sendha namak to taste (optional)
- Heat a pan, add peanuts and roast the peanuts on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the roasted peanuts in the blending jar and let it cool a bit, coarsely grind the peanuts (do not make powder).
- Mix the grounded peanut with soaked sabudana and keep it aside.
- Heat a thick bottom pan, add ghee and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped green chilli and fry it for few seconds.
- Add sabudana-peanuts mixture and rock salt (optional) in the pan and mix it.
- Fry it on medium flame for 3-4 minutes, keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.