Preparation time for sabudana vada-40 minutes
Ingredient sabudana vada:
- Sabudana/ tapioca pearls-150 gm(Soak it in normal water for 4-5 hours)
- Boiled potato-4
- Roasted peanuts powder-50 gm(roast it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame and then coarsely grind it)
- Grated ginger-2 inch
- Green chilli(chopped)-3
- Lemon juice-2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves(chopped)-1/3 cup
- Cooking oil for frying
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Black salt/rock salt(sendha/kala namak) as per taste
- Grate/mash the boiled potato in a bowl and add soaked sabudana to it.
- Add roasted peanuts, coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger, cumin seeds, lemon juice.
- Add black salt/rock salt/plain salt, mix it properly.
- Grease your palm with water, take small portion of mixture and roll it into ball.
- Flattened it a bit to make tikki shape, repeat the process to make remaining vada.
Fried sabudana vada-
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan, once the oil is heated properly, reduce the flame to low-medium.
- Put 3-4 vadas at a time, fry it for a minute on low-medium flame.
- Flip it to fry other side, fry it till it id turns golden from both sides.
- Once the vada turns golden brown, take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Fried sabudana vada is ready to serve.
Non-fried or appam pan sabudana vada-
- Heat a appam pan on low flame, apply few drops of oil in each moulds.
- Put the mixture balls one my one in each mould.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Flip it and cover the pan and cook it until it is evenly cooked from all sides, keep flipping/rotating in between.
- Turn off the flame, take it out in a plate, non-fried sabudana vada ready to serve.