Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time for shakshuka-30 minutes
Serving-4 to 6
Ingredients for shakshuka recipe:
- Chopped capsicum/bell pepper-2(medium)
- Chopped onion-3 (medium)
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Chopped green chilli-2 to 3
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Chopped garlic-8 to 10
- Tomato puree-1 cup(100 gm)
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper(grounded)
- Italian mixed herb(optional)
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Cheese-25 gm (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds, garlic and green chilli, fry it for few seconds one medium flame.
- Add onions, fry it for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Put capsicum and fry it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add ginger garlic paste, cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Mix it and cook it for a minute on low flame, keep stirring.
- Add tomato puree, cover the pan and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add one glass of water, salt and garam masala powder, stir it.
- Cover the pan and let the curry come to boil, boil it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Crack one egg in a bowl, open the lid and place the cracked egg gently in the curry with the help of spatula.
- Repeat the process with remaining eggs, sprinkle little salt on the cracked eggs.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Open the lid and check if egg is set properly, if not, cook it for another 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle little crushed black pepper and Italian mixed herb, turn off the flame.
- Shakshuka is ready to serve, hot with toast or roti, paratha.