Spicy paneer masala recipe
Preparation time for spicy paneer masala-20 Minutes
Ingredients for spicy paneer masala
- Paneer Cubes(Indian cottage cheese)-200 gm
- Chopped onion-1 (large)
- Chopped tomato-2(medium)
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Green chilli (slitted)-2 (optional)
- Chopped garlic -10 to 12
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/3 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/3 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat properly.
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add ginger, green chilli and garlic, fry it for a minutes on medium flame.
- Put chopped onion and fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add Chopped tomato and cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder.
- Mix it and cook the spices for a minute on low flame.
- Add paneer, salt, mix it and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame ( cover the lid).
- Add garam masala powder and slitted green chilli, mix it and turn off the flame.
- Spicy paneer masala is ready to serve, serve it with hot paratha, puri or as a starter.