Sponge Gourd Recipe-Nenua aur Chana ki Sabzi-Sponge Gourd with Bengal Gram Recipe
Preparation time-30 minutes
- Sponge Gourd (peeled and chopped)-500 gm
- Soaked Bengal gram-1/2 cup
- Chopped onion-2
- Chopped green chilli-1
- Chopped garlic-4 to 5
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil and let the oil heat.
- Add cumin seeds, green chilli, garlic and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add chopped onion, fry the onions till it turns little soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and cook it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add tomato and cook it for a minute, add soaked Bengal gram and mix it.
- Add chopped nenua (sponge gourd), mix it.
- Cover the pan and coot it on medium-high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Simmer the flame, cover the pan and cook it for 5-7 minutes, keep stirring in between.
- Add little salt, garam masala powder and cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 more minutes on low flame.
- Turn off the flame, ready to serve with roti, paratha and puri.