Spongy Dahi Vada-Dahi Bhalla-Super Soft Dahi Vada Recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
- Urad Dal (Split)-200 gm
- Curd/yogurt-400 gm
- White bread slice-6 pcs
- Ginger,green chilli paste-1 tbsp(2 inch ginger, 5 green chilli)
- Green chutney-3 tbsp(Video available on my youtube channel@ http://youtu.be/l-8HkjGlYeY)
- Tamarind juice-4 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup-2 tbsp
- Chopped dry fruits(any)-4 tbsp
- Roasted masala powder-2 tbsp(Video available on my youtube channel @http://youtu.be/JQuXYiRqKEk )
- Chat masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Cooking oil for fry
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Soak the urad dal for 12 hrs.
- Blend the soaked urad dal into thick smooth paste, add little water while blending.
- Add garlic, chilli paste and 1 tsp salt into the batter and mix it properly.
- Cut the bread slices into round shape using steel glass or anything else.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt into the curd and whisk it well, keep it aside.
- Turn on the flame and put a pan for frying, let the pan heat first.
- Add sufficient oil into the pan and let the oil heat.
- Turn on the other stove of the gas and heat a glass of water, put 1/2 tsp salt into water.
- Drop a pinch of batter into the hot oil to check the temperature of oil.
- Coat the round shaped bread slice with the urad dal batter properly and put it into the oil carefully.
- On the other side, when the water starts boiling, turn off the flame.
- Fry the vada on low heat till it turns brown (flip it in between).
- Take it out on kitchen towel to absorb extra oil from the vada.
- Make small holes into the vada using fork or toothpick.
- Put the fried vada into the hot salty water and leave it for five minutes.
- Squeeze it gently on your palms and put it into the curd/yogurt.
- Place the vada gently in a serving plate along with the curd.
- Add green chutney, tamarind juice and tomato ketchup on it.
- Sprinkle little salt, roasted masala powder, chat masala powder and red chilli powder on it.
- Decorate with chopped dry fruits, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Ready to serve.