Stuffed idli recipe
Notice: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4802
Preparation time stuffed idli-40 minutes
Serving-4 to 6
Ingredients for stuffed idli
- Idli batter -500 gm
- Boiled potato-4
- Curry leaves-8 to 10
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Chopped onion-1
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mash/grate the boiled potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, green chilli and onion, fry it for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt, mix it and fry it for a minute on low flame.
- Add grated/mashed potatoes, fry it for a minute on low flame.
- Add coriander leaves, fry it for one more minute on medium flame, keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame and take out the aloo bharta in a bowl.
- Grease your palm with few drops of oil and take small portion of aloo bharta.
- Roll it in your palms to give it tikki shape, make tikkis from the remaining bharta.
- Boil a glass of water in idli pot, in the meanwhile grease the idli tray with oil.
- Add little salt into the idli batter and add 1/2 serving spoon of batter in each mould of idli tray.
- Place one aloo bharta tikki in each batter filled mould, pour 1/2 serving spoon of batter on the top of aloo
bharta tikki (Make sure the tikkis are covered with batter properly).
- Repeat the same process for remaining batter, stuffed idlis are ready for steaming.
- Place the idli tray carefully inside the idli pot and cover the lid.
- Cook it for 12-15 minutes on medium flame, turn off the flame.
- Gently take out the idli from tray, stuffed idli is ready to serve, serve it with sambar and coconut chutney.